Thursday, August 26, 2010

State of the Blog

Yes, I am fully aware I've been slacking.  And slacking badly, I might add.

I have excuses upon excuses, some dumb ones and some good ones.

While I think the Summer In Which Kevin Graced Rhode Island With His Presence went fairly well back here in Oklahoma, it definitely still had the elements of stress.

Oh, who am I kidding.  There were lots of elements of stress.  But I do like to think that I handled it fairly well overall. 

But blogging?  Blogging, while something I enjoy, is also stressful.  Seriously.  When my photos don't insert into the blog properly or they just look plain stupid, I get upset.  When the Cutest Little Blog On The Block removes my template design, I don't have the energy to make it look cute again.  And when it doesn't look cute, I don't want anything to do with it. 

And now school has started and the routine of normalcy is beginning to settle in.  And I have a really good idea.  A friend of mine is a scrapbooker extraordinare and she has the coolest clubhouse to play in.  And every once in a while she gets an entire night to scrapbook. 

A while back, I thought I would scrapbook with her, but reality came crashing hard when I saw her scrapbooks and layouts and designs and ultimate coolness.  These boys sucked the creativity right out of me and I just don't have it anymore (sometimes, I walk into Hobby Lobby and start to feel that old excitment again but I always manage to quelch it quickly before I spend money on something that will sit in my garage til the cows come home - and since I have no cows, that's a LONG time).

BUT, I had an idea that I could haul my laptop to her clubhouse and blog instead of scrap.  I mean, I never posted pictures from our annual block party and that's just shameful.  My kids have started school and I let it slide right on by.  Shameful.  My husband returned from Rhode Island and promptly ate an entire platter of red velvet cakeballs Rachel made for his homecoming and I didn't mention it at all.  Pure and utter shame.

*raising right hand* I promise to do better.  Or more honestly, I promise to blog.  Again.

1 comment:

  1. I have to laugh...I look at all the "other" pages out there and think mine are so simple and plain...JUST COME! I need friends. Bring your lap top. Bring your pictures. Use my stuff (Lord knows I have tons that will never be used by me). Or just come and talk I don't care. I feel the same way about the Blogging...Have I even posted B's birthday or or party? NOPE.

    ReplyDelete