"No, I didn't. I did NOT say I loved you. I said to shut up your mouth."
"I heard you! You said you loved me."
"NO!!! I!!! DID!!! NOT!!! SAY!!! THAT!!!"
Witness to the incident says: Yes, he did say that. It was most definitely an accident. It slipped out as a result of realizing that his hiney was toast if he told his sister one more time to shut up or something nasty along those lines. However, the witness is fairly certain that had he realized exactly what words would exit his mouth upon such realization, he might have taken the beating instead. Anything is better than admitting you love your sister. Even in jest.
Forgot to mention that this was a stellar moment in our parenting skills. "Shut up" is one thing, but "shut the heck/ll up" is a whole other thing. It is nice to know that he can position is expletives properly in a sentence.
ReplyDelete