Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Twow Up

Cough, cough. He leans over and tries to gag himself.

"Paul, stop. It's all over now. No more medicine!" In his defense, I tricked some Musinex down his throat. But I had a cup of Dr. Pepper in his hand as a bribe. Because normal kids want to wash away the nasty taste of medicine as fast as they can.

"I twow up!" His face is all scrunched up and his mouth hangs open.

"No, you're not going to throw up! It's all over! Take a drink of Dr. Pepper!" I'm hoping the excitement in my voice will make him see the light.

Cough, cough, almost gag. Tears, scrunched up face. He manages to get some saliva out of his mouth and on to the floor. Cough, cough, almost gag.

"Paul! Dr. Pepper!"

"I twow up," he whines.

"No, no throw up. Let's go watch Blue's Clues! Bring your Dr. Pepper!"

Deep breath, almost an eye-rolling sigh. "O-kaaaaaaaaaaaaay," he whimpers in his exasperated voice. And the incident is over, with zero vomit. However, getting medicine in him tomorrow will be trickier. I'm hoping that he remembers that the Musinex is purple and Zyrtec is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment