Saturday, July 18, 2009

Letting Loose

If I had to describe my husband's personality, the words "frolicky," "carefree," "devil-may-care," "easy going," or "excitable" are NOT words I would pick.


Don't get me wrong. I love him to death. But I didn't marry him for his whimiscal nature.


So when the man kicked off his arch-supported, good-for-his-bad-back-sneakers and jumped on the trampoline for the first time, I had to question my own sanity.


Why yes, those are black socks he's sporting. With shorts. How kind of you to point them out.


And yes, a man who has had 2 back surgeries by age 35 and struggles with daily activities CAN jump on a trampoline. And enjoy every minute of it too.


I guarantee that the man will pay for his frolicking later on.


It's like when Kevin breaks down and eats carbohydrates. He can't just have one Oreo or one piece of Christmas fudge or three Girl Scout cookies. Nope. If he's going to indulge on something once a year, he's not going half-hearted. I have an odd suspicion that this comes from his borderline delinquent teen years - if you're going to pay the consequences, you might as well make it worth it.



And judging by the fact that I have several new photos to add to my single one of Kevin smiling freely AND how his son screamed and laughed and shouted out "Good one, Dad!", I would say the consequences are worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome action shots! I can't believe you got pictures like that when they were in mid air.

    ReplyDelete