Monday, July 20, 2009

Block Bash '09

Welcome to Block Bash '09! As tradition holds, the Saturday after the 4th of July is our annual get together with the neighbors. The kids play, the adults barbeque and chatter and then someone pulls out the illegal fireworks...no cops this year.

My neighbor posted a few pics which reminded me to get off my duff and post some great shots of the annual water balloon fight.


We guesstimated the kiddos had approximately 700 water balloons, courtesy of the parents. This is just 2 tubs. But aren't they purtee?


Here is the official roundup. Several neighbors were missing but we brought in reinforcements from outside the neighborhood...heck, it's our block party and we can make up the rules.


The grownup in this picture is the same man from last year, who is really just a big kid when water is involved...he claims he's got the hose to keep the street from blistering the kids' feet, but it's really a power issue. And the kids all make vain attempts to take him down.

Just a couple action shots here that made me grin at my new camera (sorry, kids...there won't be any food in September because Mommy wanted a new toy).


But look at the balloons right as they are about to hit!




And as always, someone gets hurt. Usually it's my boy, and usually he's just whining about nothing, but we all saw Rachel slam a water balloon on the side of his face. No one thinks she did it on purpose, except Andy. "It was on purpose."

This is Rachel attempting an "I'm so sorry...are you okay?" Just 3 seconds later, Andy's yelling "She did it on purpose!"


It was great. It always is. I heart my neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you if I tried REALLY hard, I could name seven adults and four kids on our street, and all of those live within a 2 house radius of ours (we live in the suburbs, and there are probably 50-60 family dwellings - some detached, some semis - on our side of the crescent). And, I probably wouldn't invite any of the families over in conjunction with one another due to personalities.

    Yes, thank you, I DO suck as a neighbour.

    ReplyDelete