Monday, June 22, 2009

Billiards a la Andy

Andy played pool online last week and thought it was awesome. And he came up with the idea of making his own pool table.

So we got the cardboard and painted it green. Yes, I know. Wood would have been better, but you can't take an exacto knife to wood to make holes. The cardboard will be fine.


Andy pointed out where the pockets would be and informed me that we needed little nets under them to catch the balls. Can you say Ziploc baggies?


I cut out the holes and taped up some sides so that the balls just didn't roll off. And made a duct tape rack. Andy's using his bouncy ball collection, although we both think marbles (larger ones) would work better. Because...

When you go to "sink" the balls (Andy's word, not mine) with the long handle of a plastic golf club....


Bouncy balls just don't really clack and roll. Not quite what he imagined, so we're attempting to round up large marbles.

We need marbles, people!


1 comment:

  1. This is GREAT parenting! I love his creativity. I will have to go to the school and see what i have in the large marble department. Another idea for a pool ball that you could paint w/ sharpies might be looking in the flower section at wal-mart, Michael's or hobby lobby sometimes they have round larger marbles for the vases. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete