Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No Need For Rescue Anymore

Just a quick blurb here at 10:15 on Wednesday morning to let everyone know I'm doing fine. It's been a rough morning but it appears that I'm stronger than I thought. Around 8:15 this morning, I reentered the house after dropping Andy off at school to find that various modes of transportation had taken over the inside of my house.

I didn't have time for pictures; you'll just have to trust me here. It wasn't pretty. I had to shift into battle gear quickly because small vehicles mutate and breed quickly. Once they get started, it's almost impossible to stop. Think "Gremlins". I've spent the past 2 hours stuffing them into plastic boxes, disposing of some, banishing others to the outside realm, and so on.

How many vehicles can 2 little boys collect over the course of 6 years? To use my Kindergartener's skills (see, Andy's Teacher, we do pay attention to what you teach), I am going to offer an estimation of them...

Cars/Automobiles/PickupTrucks/Vans: 149
Construction Equipment (both inside and outside): 72
Planes/Helicopters/Jets: 28
Service Vehicles (garbage, ambulances, fire/rescue): 67
Trains (wooden and otherwise): 88
Semis/18-wheelers: 7
Trailers (without cabs): 4

Someday when I have time (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah), I'll perform a head count census. Not a random sampling, mind you; that would be unfair to some transportation modes who might not get represented fairly in the household.

1 comment:

  1. You have summed up how I spend my days anymore . . . I am just not into the vehicle themed floor like Tyler is. Though I am thankful tonight to not have as many to battle.

    ReplyDelete