4th Day of Advent: Watch a Christmas movie together. We chose "Frosty the Snowman." Rachel and I spent a few minutes discussing the likelihood of a greenhouse in the middle of a snowy forest. We are also concerned about the parenting of little Karen, who plays in the snow in a skirt and socks - no tights or even leg warmers. Tsk, tsk.
5th Day: Take a walk together as a family. He he. Sadly, it was rather chilly that day. By "rather chilly", I mean "blustery and awful". We agreed to do this one on a nice day.
6th Day: Shop for a present for a needy child. Works out nicely since I took 3 present requests from the tree at church and also Andy's school is collecting presents for a smaller parish. I had Andrew and Paul with me and I must say, Andy did good. He picked out a Power Ranger action figure for the needy child and has spent the evening lusting over it. But no whining about it, so perhaps he is catching on that the whole world doesn't revolve around him.
Love it! I was going to make a calender this year, but got behind and like you don't want to do it in the middle of the season. I am going to make it sometime and I need activity ideas. I will be calling on you and Rachel so here is a heads up!
ReplyDelete