Round 2 began at 3:24am. I heard the first wail, followed by the larger wail as Paul watched his brother dash out of the room.
"Mom, Paul's awake," he says as he climbs onto my side of the bed. Really, Andy? Paul's awake? Shocker.
I stumbled in to check on the little turkey, and did what all the sleep gurus tell you not to do. I picked him up. Out of sheer, sleep-deprived habit. Which meant that I had to put him back in the crib. He saw it coming and strategically braced himself against the side of the crib. And then shoved off. It seems that Paul has his wits about him regardless of sleep deprivation. I stumbled backward, but didn't fall. I almost feel like I deserve an extra half-point for not falling (but I can hear the sleep gurus now - "that's why we tell you not to pick the kid up...no points for you").
Round 2 ended at 3:54am. I'm posting this at 4am because I assumed I was in it for the long haul so I had booted up the computer. So since I get to go to back to bed, I feel like I should award Paul a half point.
Nah. Score stands as is. Mom 2, Paul 0.
You go, mom!
ReplyDelete