Thursday, July 17, 2008

Smart Alecky Aunts

"Kathy left me in the intersection but it's cool Christy got me."

This is the text message I recieved from my daughter on her second day in Montana. Aunts Kathy and Christy (and the Montana grandparents) paid for Rachel to come up and have a fun vacation. She went last year too.

I had gotten my required call to say she was in Spokane and was with her aunts and I told her to call me later that evening. When I didn't hear from her, and she wouldn't reply to a text message, I called Kathy's cell phone. Kathy answered, I said hello and then the mom in me asked "you still have my kid, right?" Kathy's response was "Yes, what do you think, we're going to lose her?"

So the smart alecky aunts have Rachel text me in the morning "Kathy left me in the intersection but it's cool Christy got me." Dorks. All 3 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment