Thursday, February 28, 2008

K - "Pulling A Rachel"

From this night forward, the phrase "pulling a Rachel" will signify the immersion of any valuable electronic device in water. No, Rachel did NOT drop her phone or iPod into the toilet. Nor did I. However, I did manage to throw my phone into the washing machine for a good 90 seconds before realizing the awful truth. And alas, as I write, my phone is airing out on the kitchen counter, yet I have a sneaky suspicion that it is, in fact, dead. And in no need of airing out. The dead do not need to air out.

Sigh. I pulled a Rachel.

Oh, why is it called "pulling a RACHEL", you ask? Hmm, let's see. Rachel's first iPod (actually a Samsung) went swimming with her at the Gaillardia pool 2 summers ago. It died. So she saved up half and Grandma & Grandpa put up the other half (because Grandma & Grandpa can't stand for their only granddaughter to go without the basic necessities of life) and she got another one (same brand, same color). That one had a life span of about 10 months before it felt it was dirty and needed to be washed with Tide. Her brand new iPod Nano hasn't seen water yet, but it did attempt suicide a couple weeks ago, scaring the bejeezus out of poor Rachel who is of the technology generation. And if a kid of the TechnoGen can't keep an MP3 player alive...well, that's just sad, sad, sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment