Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Hath Arrived

Okay, it's Oklahoma, so spring arrives every other day and sometimes in the fall too.

My poor snotty boys.  Paul is home today because his eyes are swollen and watery, snot spewing from his nostrils and looks like the Nightmare in Kindergarten.  When Andrew was so little and got sick so easily, I cursed all those parents who dragged their kids out to school or play areas while green snot was dripping.

I will not be that parent.  Even if it costs us another day absent.  Paul's missed 15 or 17 days, depending on which person at his school you believe.   He's allowed 20 per year.  Sigh...

Andrew's missed 21 days.  Which means we get to have an Appeal Process to determine if he can be promoted to the 5th grade despite missing 21 days.  The kid has straight As, so I'm not too worried.  

I just don't see the point of sending kids to school only to have the teacher call me to pick him back up.  Nor do I think it's worth it if the kid isn't going to be able to do any work because he feels badly.  Or doped up on Benadryl.  

Fun times, this parenting gig.  Fun times.

In other news, spring break starts tomorrow.  I see the following activities on my planner:

  • Science Museum & Zoo Day
  • Trip to the Chickasaw Cultural Center down in Sulpher & Turner Falls fun
  • Throw out half the crap in the house (Extreme Spring Cleaning)
  • Clean up backyard
  • Dig up a potential garden (Paul and Rachel want to try their hand at this)
  • PLAY PLAY PLAY

No comments:

Post a Comment