Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Plague

The plague.  The unnamed bacteria/virus that finds its way into small children and leaves them feverish and coughing.  And the doctor just shrugging his shoulders and saying "it's just a virus."

At least it's JUST fever and coughing.  Nothing leaving bodily cavities en masse.  

Paul is on day 4 of not feeling so great.  No fever today but he did puke the only thing he's eaten in 3 days.  Wait.  I take that back...2 days ago, he did eat an Eggo waffle and I never saw that again.  So having not eaten anything (and puking up the only thing he did eat), I suppose he's staying home from school again tomorrow.

Andrew was in coughing fits last night, which led to one gagging and puking moment.  He was home yesterday and today too, but he is going back tomorrow.  Although as I write this, he's asleep in bed, coughing and I just KNOW his little subconscious is working overtime to try and convince me he's still sick.

Oh!  Fantastic moment last night.  While Andy was puking and I was holding his head and had the washcloth, Paul was standing right behind me begging me for cheese pizza.  Perfect timing, Paul.

I had taken the request for cheese pizza to mean he was on the mend and feeling better.  Nope, that's what he threw up today.  The whole 3/4 of a slice he ate.  How long can he go without food, I wonder?  


I should homeschool...that's a science experiment right there.  And yes, I'm totally joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment