Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day of School

So the younger ducklings started school this morning.  Andy was thoroughly excited, which I hope holds out for a few weeks.  Wait, who am I kidding...this is the same kid who just last night told me how excited he was to have sick days this year because he will get to be in the car in the carpool line to pick his brother up from school.

Yes, the night before school starts, Andy began plotting his sick days.


 Paul has been prepped for going to his brother's school.  I think he was excited but a little apprehensive, as noted when his lip quivered just a bit as he asked me if I would help him get a chocolate milk at lunchtime.  


There is a simple rule that first time (and second time) parents rarely understand and that is:  You drop your kid off, hug them quickly and then walk away.  No lingering, no tears, no extra smooching, no nothing.  WALK AWAY QUICKLY.  Like pulling a bandaid.



He already knows 2 boys in his class, seeing as his PreK class is full of siblings of Andy's 3rd grade class - 5 of them in fact.  Those 5 have sat at the back of Christmas pageants together, the back of church together, the sidelines of all games and scout meetings and well, their older siblings' lives.  They know the drill and now it's their turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment