And you've met Andy, right? Mr. Sharpie? Every blasted day, he would remind me to look for his dog. "Have you found my dog yet?" I'm fairly certain even a normal boy wouldn't forget the promise of a dog, but Andy's not a normal boy.
So everyday for about 2 months, I checked Craigslist for a poodle. And let me tell you, if I had wanted a pit-boxer mix, I'd have had my pick any stinkin' day. But poodles? No dice.
Then one day, a Yorkipoo showed up. I pounced, because a Yorkiepoo would be hypoallergenic too and cute to boot. The nice lady arranged for an interview with me and Daisy, which I took as a good sign that she wasn't just getting rid of a dog - she was interviewing me to see if I was worthy of her dog.
Chewy Choo Choo came from a family of 5 kids, so he's fit in nicely at our home. He's actually a Bichon Frise-Poodle, pleasant tempered and still young and playful. I was fairly nervous about getting a dog off of Craigslist, but it worked out wonderfully. Once we got him groomed, that is.
And he came with the name. You can't rename a dog when he's almost 3 years old and answers to "Choo Choo!"
Daisy's not handling it all that well. Indignant is the word. How dare we. It doesn't help that he's male and would like to, um, play Animal Kingdom with her. Rachel doesn't take that too well either, when she sees this kind of behavior.
please observe Paul in the background
While Chewy is technically Andy's dog, I have a sneaky suspicion that he will bond more with Paul - Paul is home more during the day and Paul sleeps on the bottom bunk, where Chewy spends most of the night. 



No comments:
Post a Comment