Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I need one more thing to do...

The best time to redo your blog, as in - find a new layout, learn about html, beg a cyber friend to help you, relearn html, try the html, scrap the html and rebeg the cyber friend to walk you through it slowly as if you had a learning disability - yes, the best time to do this is when:

1.  You have 125 exams to grade.
2.  You have no clean towels in the house.
3.  You have no clean pots or pans in the house.
4.  Heck, you have no clean dishes in the house.
5.  You are trying to wind up the rest of the semester for your 284 students.
6.  You found an excellent book of field reports on the Great Depression and the New Deal.
7.  Something smells foul in the boys' room and you need to pull every item out and sniff it and the ground to figure out where the heck the smell is originating from, much less what the heck the smell is.
8.  Facebook games keep calling your name.
9.  Your older son is learning to read and needs you to sit down with him, without the laptop.

Yes, that's the appropriate time to take on a new project. 

So bear with me for another week...and in the meantime...


This was the present opening scene at Andy's party (I promise I have great photos of the rest of the party).  There was no organization here - it was very Lord of the Flies.  Paper flying and presents grabbed and no semblance of order whatsoever.  Kevin was standing in the entryway with 2 other dads, surveying the chaos from a distance...I looked at the other 2 dads and remarked "Don't tell me you to are like my husband here and can't handle the chaos?"  One of the dads glanced into the living room, took a breath and said "I'm good with structure."

There ain't no structure in the jungle.  Welcome.

3 comments:

  1. The picture and dialog says it all. God bless us, every one!! I'm going back to my Valium-lick now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how Bill just kind of blends in with the kids. It looks like he is as impressed with the toys as the other seven and eight year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bed is calling my name and alas, I am here.

    ReplyDelete