Friday, July 3, 2009

A Gripe with Photo Shoots

I'm all for fun photo shoots. Whimsical and creative. And heck, I'm not necessarily opposed to the vintage photos if you happen to be at Silver Dollar City or a tour of a gold rush town.

But this below? Is not okay.



Does my baby look even remotely happy to be dressed up in knickers, a puffy shirt and suspenders? (Yes, these are photos of photo proofs)

Wait, it gets better.
I know my baby pretty well and I'm fairly certain he protested when they started shoving him into the clothes, much less began posing him and telling him to look happy. You do see that lower lip in the mirror, right? And the tear on his face on the left?

Sigh. Come on. It's bad enough that they con me into "school pictures" 2-3 times a year, but to torture my son with this kind of nonsense?

That is not my baby.


This is my baby.

4 comments:

  1. I agree. That is why we don't really take shots like that. I love yours. Especially the cute one with the pouty lip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be more bothered by the word "meth" on all of them. Was the photographer on meth? Did they give the baby some meth? Were the clothes soaked in meth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha..."meth" is for methodist church...didn't even see that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would that be cruel and unusual punishment? Surely forcing a child into that outfit must be torcher for all involved as well. Why would they subject a child and themselves to that?

    ReplyDelete