Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Two out of Three

I'm sad to report I have no current Andyisms. Don't worry, I'm sure it's just bottling up and we'll have a real doozie soon.


As for Paul here, to the untrained eye, one might think he's just standing on a board. Okay, he is standing on a board. But he is standing on it because he is smart enough to know he can't manage a real skateboard yet. He's tried and failed miserably. So here's his substitute skateboard, where he practices his moves.



On the Rachel front, all I can say is that she sure puts up with an obnoxious mother some days. I stupidly went with Kevin to a baseball gathering. I had no business being there because a) I don't have a kid that plays baseball and that appeared to be part of the requirement to fully be a part of the womenfolk and b) I have limited social skills which became apparent as I tried to pretend like I could fit in. Sigh.

So I made my way to a patio chair out back, settled in and began texting my daughter, who graciously was babysitting Paul.

K: All well?

R: Yup.

K: I have terrible social skills. I'm hiding in a closet from the baseball moms.

R: Awwwww.

K: Hey, look there's a leopard coat and red shiny boots.

(no immediate response)

K: Ooh, there's a little door back here.

K: Look at all the little woodland creatures! It's snowing here!"

My phone rang. It was Rachel.

"Mother. What are you doing?"

"I'm messing with you."


"Augh. Allison and I were really feeling bad for you."

I giggled and hung up on her. And texted her again.


K: Turkish delight! (If you missed it, this is a Narnia bit)

And then I left her alone and focused on looking interested in my baseball surroundings.

4 comments:

  1. The Turkish Delight was not in the woodlands, nor in the closet.

    Get your stories straight, damnit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also? Chocolate covered jube-jubes are just NASTY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time we can go to the baseball "gathering" together and make fun of all the baseball moms! That will be fun. (Hee Hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. From this wallflower to you, I wish that I could come up with "turkish delight" on the fly like that.

    ReplyDelete