Sunday, May 24, 2009

Not a Chameleon

A mother of one of Rachel's friends often describes her daughter as a chameleon - she changes her appearance to suit the crowd she runs with. Thus, like in nature, she has the ability to camouflage herself in any situation, to protect herself from attack.

So if we follow that line of thinking, my daughter is NOT a chameleon. No one can accuse Rachel of blending in or camouflaging herself. Oh no.


My daughter is a flamingo.

Cuz flamingos don't blend in anywhere, right? I might be wrong but that's the best I can come up with.

This is how Rachel says goodbye to her private school dress code...blatantly making a statement on the last day of school...."Go ahead and write me up for violating the dress code. It's the last day and I won't be back next year."

Definitely not a chameleon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Rachel!! What a 21st Century James Dean you are! Do you have an issue with authority figures? The colors are fab! Love you, Babe. Granny

    ReplyDelete