Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Enjoy It and They Will Come

Last night, I found myself alone in my bedroom, watching Blue's Clues. By myself.

It didn't start out that way. Paul was with me. And it was a cute episode. Obviously, I was engrossed because I didn't see him leave.

Who knows how long I was watching Blue's Clues without a child in the room?

When I realized I was an adult, and the only person in the room, watching the kid show without a kid present, I debated for a nanosecond about switching the channel.

I opted not to. Two reasons.

First, I would have to locate the remote. The time spent there would exhaust all time alone.

Second, there is an unwritten law of nature that when a child knows that you are doing something for yourself, they come for you. Enjoy it and they will come.

So I kept watching Blue's Clues. By myself.

Eventually, Paul returned.

As they always do.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of tons of Moms with the "crushes" on Steve... oh wait a minute, I'm aging myself. I guess he's left for college forever ago.
    So it's not just that you think Joe is kinda cute, right ;)?

    ReplyDelete