In other news, Andy is shooting for the Guinness Book World Record for "Loose Baby Tooth Still in Mouth." Let's see, it was definitely loose at the dentist appointment, which was back in January and it keeps on wiggling. I'm not talking about slightly wiggling, either. That thing is hanging on for dear life by one or two little strands. But what's funny is that Andy's teeth had good spacing between them (cardboard width at least), so when the permanent tooth decided it wanted to emerge, that loose baby tooth just told the rest of the teeth to move over a bit.
I wish I had a photo of how spaced out his teeth were before the permanent tooth started bullying them around. Because the photo above looks like he's lost a tooth, which he has not. That crooked one left of the space? That's the one hanging by a thread. The pushover pansy who won't fight the permanent tooth for its rightful spot on the jaw (yes, we all know that the baby tooth would lose that fight, but at least it would still have its pride). And let's face it, Mr. Sharpie isn't too thrilled with the idea that a) he's losing body parts, b) it might hurt (doubtful at this point) and c) there might be blood (again, doubtful). So he's not really pushing the process. Losing teeth is a rite of passage for all children; for Andy, losing teeth is stupid (everything else on your body just grows all normal, why not teeth?).
In other news, in about an hour I get the pleasure of driving 25 minutes to go pick up Rachel and a friend from a sleepover in Moore. Because that's what I do - go all over creation for the girl who has me logged in her phone as "Mammy" (Gone with the Wind, anyone?).
No comments:
Post a Comment