Sunday, January 25, 2009

No, Ma-ee

"No, Ma-ee."

In his sweet-little-boy voice, I heard this each time I tried to put the laptop in my lap tonight while putting the boys to bed. The normal routine is for me to sit between the boys with my laptop and literally do my job while they crash (I usually work on my online classes then). Andy goes pretty quickly and depending on the amount of small superheros Paul has to arrange and rearrange and rearrange again next to his pillow, Paul takes anywhere between 10 and 45 minutes to finally reach slumber.

Tonight, however, jealousy overtook the baby. He pushed the laptop off my lap, saying "No, Ma-ee." I placed the laptop on his pillow and he curled up in my lap. I continued to do work in a rather contorted postition.

But my lap is not quite as comfy as a pillow. So Paul climbed over my leg and squished himself into his pillow. I then picked up the laptop and placed it on my lap.

"No, Ma-ee." He pushed the laptop off my lap again. "No, Ma-ee." And climbed back into my lap. We must have done this at least 6 times before I just resigned myself to typing with a twisted posture.

"No, Mommy. I don't necessarily need to lay on your lap, but I will not have you distracted from my pre-slumber activities by that thing. I NEED you to pay attention to me. It's important at 9:34pm."

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling! Charlie keeps getting up to "read" about my friends.

    ReplyDelete