I took Paul, Andy and neighbor boy Jackson to visit Thomas the Train on Friday. I wanted to get this in before Andy totally outgrew Thomas. I don't fully understand the attraction that the TV show has for young kids, but they love Thomas. And it's not harmful in any way - good moral lessons each show. We met up with Aunt Christy, Uncle AJ and Matt and Aunt Kristin and Harry.

The actual train ride was boring. I thought it would excite Andy a bit more than it did, but seeing as we rode a measly 2.3 miles per hour past nothing exciting, oh well. It put Paul to sleep.

Overall, it was well organized with plenty of free activities. I have one complaint though (Thomas Corporation, are you listening here?). The play tent with the toy trains set up was not what it could have been. There was one wooden train set, which was constantly crowded, one Lego train set, which was constantly crowded and 4 battery-powered sets, which are, well, battery-powered; i.e. - no fun because you don't "play" with them, you watch them.

Hey, Thomas Corporation, I think part of your billions of dollars you make comes from the fact that kids like to play with the trains, not watch them. I realize in a world of technology you felt like you needed to keep up, but nope! Kids want to imagine and play and act out. So stick with the basics and bring out more wooden or Lego train sets!

Side note here: how is it possible that Paul can stay upright with that lip hanging out like that? One would think his balance would be highly skewed.
No comments:
Post a Comment