Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A - Right or Left and Right Always

Andy is not a kid who likes to be wrong. I'll grant you that no one really likes to be wrong, but this kid just cannot stand to be wrong. So much so that he will twist and squirm until he is in the right regardless of the argument.

He has recently been trying to master the directions "right" and "left." He pointed at something on the tv tonight, saying "it's on the bottom right." I corrected him that it was actually on the bottom left.

"No, that's right."

"No, it's left." And then the ever helpful maternal side of me offered a suggestion. "Which hand do you write with?" He held up his right hand. "So think, you write with your right hand. That's right."

He thought about it for about 10 seconds and I could see it wasn't quite settling well in his head. He still had his arguing face on. He abruptly turned around and said "well, if I turn around, then this way is right."

And he has a point.

As he always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment